Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Zip Trekking Adventure for Two at Go ApeCode: PGAZT2 Cumbria - Hawkshead 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Zip Trekking Adventure for Two at Go Ape
Add to Basket
Enjoy the ultimate tree-top thrill as you descend through the beautiful Grizedale Forest in Cumbria on seven amazing zip wires. This is the longest zip wire experience in the UK, and the bird’s-eye views as you whizz along the entire 3km makes it one of the most stunning.
After a safety briefing, you’ll be driven by Land Rover up winding mountain roads to the start of the course in the Cumbrian hills. Zip 1 is a ‘nursery’ line to ease you in gently, but don’t worry, the speed and the excitement picks up as the zip wires take you whizzing past the tops of majestic Douglas fir trees, high above the forest floor. Expect two hours of exhilarating thrills and awe-inspiring views to match!
- Zip trek adventure for two people
- Full safety briefing from the qualified instructors
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
On arrival you and your guest will be directed to the training centre where you will receive instructions and a safety briefing, as well as being fitted with your zip line harnesses. From here you will need to walk up hill across fairly challenging terrain for about 20 minutes to reach the vehicle pick-up point from where you will be given a lift by Land Rover to the start of the course, high up in the hills.
Zip Trekking Adventure involves a total of seven different zip wires that take you down the hillside at treetop level at high speed. Enjoy spectacular views and the wind in your face as you whizz through the forest air. Your final zip wire descent will return you to the car park, from there it’s a short walk back to the cabin to return your harnesses and retrieve any valuables from the lockers.
- Minimum age: 13
- One Adult (18+) can supervise up to six children (13 to 15 years old). Juniors (16 and 17 year olds) do not need to be supervised but cannot supervise 13 to15 year olds
- If you are a lone adult supervising more than 1 under 16 you should be aware that at certain points during your experience you will be at opposing ends of a zip wire. Whilst you will be in full sight of those you are supervising you could be up to 400 metres away until all of your party has completed that particular zip wire
- Minimum height: 4ft 7in
- Minimum weight: 7 stone
- Maximum weight: 19 stone 7lbs
- Fitness: basic fitness levels are required – as long as you can climb a ladder – you can Go Ape
- If you have any questions regarding suitability, please check with your doctor
- It is recommended that pregnant women do not take part on the course. However, ultimately the choice is yours
- Please note that participants under the influence of drugs or alcohol will be unable to take part
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
The experience is available seven days a week. Opening times vary throughout the season. The course closes during December and January; partly because of the winter weather and partly so the course can be maintained to the high Go Ape standards.
Opening times vary on daylight hours; as early as 08.00 in the summer.
We recommend you book at least six weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
The Zip Trekking Adventure takes approximately 2 hours to complete and that includes your safety briefing.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Cumbria - Hawkshead
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.