Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Land Away Triple Flying Lesson
Add to Basket
Take the controls of a light aircraft and soar through the sky on a journey to remember in this Land Away Triple Flying Lesson. You’ll join a CAA experienced instructor for a thrilling 90 minute adventure as you try your hand at three different skills: navigating, observing and piloting an aircraft.
You’ll land and take off from two different locations (subject to the airfield and weather conditions), taking it in turns with up to three other participants to try each aspect of this triple flying lesson. Choose from two different sites in England to experience this exhilarating lesson, with any time spent behind the controls going towards a Private Pilot’s licence. At the end of your second flight leg, you’ll be presented with a fantastic certificate confirming the completion of your flying lesson – the perfect souvenir to show off to family and friends for years to come.
- Short safety and technical briefing
- Three flying legs of 25 to 30 minutes each
- Take on the role of a navigator, observer and pilot
- Land at two locations during your 90 minute flight (subject to the airfield and weather conditions)
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
- Cancellation indemnity
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the airfield, you will be met by the ground crew and receive a short safety and technical briefing from a CAA experienced instructor. They will discuss the controls with you as well as the route that you will follow, then it’s ‘up, up and away’ as you take to the skies on a journey you’ll never forget.
Your flight will be shared with up to three other participants who will take it in turns with you to be an observer, navigator and pilot. You will swap roles when you land at a different location during the flight (subject to the airfield and weather conditions). After completing your final landing together, the instructor will run through a debriefing before presenting you with a certificate to take away with you.
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue
- Minimum age: 12 (adult supervision required for under-16s on airfield premises)
- Minimum height: 5ft
- Maximum height: 6ft 2in
- Maximum weight: 14 stone
- The above are only guidelines and may differ by location please check at the time of booking.
- You should not take part if you suffer from epilepsy, vertigo or are pregnant
- You should be in reasonable health, if you have any disability or illness that may prevent you from taking part then you must discuss this with the centre before booking
- Spectators are welcome, but adult supervision is required for any under 16s on airfield premises
- Disabled access varies depending on the location; please discuss this when making your booking
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
Your voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of issue, kindly note that you must have booked and taken your experience before your expiry date.
This experience is available on selected dates throughout the year. Saturdays are limited due to popularity.
We recommend you book at least eight weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow approximately 2 hours for the whole experience. The flights will last approximately 1 hour 30 minutes in total.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.