Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Lake District Steam Train Trip and Cream Tea for TwoCode: PRAVEC 9 month validity Cumbria - Ravenglass 2 people
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Lake District Steam Train Trip and Cream Tea for Two
Add to Basket
Head out on one of England’s oldest narrow-gauge railways for a scenic 14-mile return journey through the beautiful Eskdale Valley along the foothills of some of England’s highest mountains, and enjoy a cream tea at either end of your trip with this Lake District Vintage Steam Train Trip and Cream Tea for Two.
The Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway has a whole heap of history running along its seven miles of surprisingly tiny tracks. Your carriages will be pulled by one of four highly capable narrow-gauge locomotives – one of which was built all the way back in 1894!
Soak up spectacular scenery across the Scafell range, Ravenglass Estuary and Eskdale Valley on your 40 minute journey, with lots of local wildlife to look out for as you wind along the rivers Esk and Mite. At either end of your journey, you can enjoy a cream tea for two, with sandwiches and scones alongside tea or coffee, in the Turntable or Fellbites Cafés.
- Enjoy a 14 mile return steam train journey through the Lake District on the Ravenglass & Eskdale Railway
- One of England’s longest and oldest narrow-gauge railways
- Travel through the Eskdale Valley, Ravenglass Estuary and the foot of the Scafell Range
- Look out for local wildlife and breathe in the Lake District air on an open-top or closed carriage
- Refresh with a cream tea in the Turntable or Fellbites Café
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
What happens on the day?
On arrival at the Ravenglass or Dalegarth Terminus you’ll get your tickets at the office before boarding your train. While every effort is made to provide a steam train for most journeys, occasionally a diesel engine will be provided to ensure the trains all run on time. A single journey takes 40 minutes, and at either end you’re free to explore the cafes, gift shops and local area before returning to where you started.
There’s also a cream tea to enjoy in either the Turntable or Fellbites Café, with finger sandwiches, scones with cream and jam and your choice of tea or coffee, an ideal accompaniment to some Lake District sightseeing.
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
- Under 18s must be accompanied by a paying adult
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary
This experience is available seven days a week. Please check timetable for opening hours of scheduled services. Cream Tea can be taken before or after the train journey.
Please note - July and August are peak times of the season and availability is very limited. This experience is not available during December.
We recommend you book at least 2 weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability. Please state café of choice and any dietary requirements on booking.
You should allow between 4 and 5 hours for the whole experience.
What about insurance?
The centres contracted with us hold public liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover. You will not be liable for accidental damage to equipment, except where damage has been caused as a result of recklessness or wilful negligence.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher.
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
Cumbria - Ravenglass
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- One Night Glamping Pod Break at the Quiet Site, Lake District£60.00
- One Night Break with Dinner and Steam Train Trip on the Spa Valley Railway for Two£184.00
- One Night Lake District Break with Dinner and Steam Train Trip for Two£179.00
- Eskdale Belle Carriage & Steam Train Experience with Prosecco and Lunch for Two£190.00