Previous Page Breadcrumbs
Product ImagesDouble tap to zoom Play Video
Extended Off Road Driving
Add to Basket
Get behind the wheel of a rugged and powerful 4x4 vehicle in this Extended Off-Road Driving experience. You’ll learn what it takes to handle these incredible machines on difficult terrain, including how to plan and observe so that you’re always in control of the vehicle. With expert tuition from an experienced instructor, you’ll be guided through steep inclines, side slopes and gullies on a thrilling drive you’ll never forget.
Have fun testing the capabilities of a 4x4 car as you master the challenging course, giving it all you’ve got as you accelerate up high climbs, then bracing yourself as you come back down the other side. Don’t hold back as the wheels churn and the axles grind – these cars are built to do things you might not be used to in your everyday car. At the end of your drive, you will be presented with a certificate of your achievement to take away with you as a souvenir to remember your extraordinary experience.
- Introduction to 4x4 driving and handling techniques as part of a small group
- Experience training from a qualified instructor and hands-on driving
- Experience gift pack including personalised voucher and message card
Your voucher is valid for 9 months from the date of issue, while government restrictions apply in relation to Covid-19 we are offering free extensions on all experiences so you can take your experience when the time is right.
What happens on the day?
On arrival at your chosen centre, you will normally be asked to sign an indemnity form which will also require parental/guardian signature for under 18s. Your session will usually be shared with other drivers and you will spend up to two hours in the vehicle, including time spent at the wheel and as a passenger.
You will be given an initial briefing, followed by detailed training from an instructor before being allowed to drive the vehicle yourself under their guidance once you are judged to be safe enough behind the wheel. At the end of your experience you will receive a certificate to take away with you as a memento of your extraordinary drive.
- Minimum age: 17 (under 18s need parental/guardian consent)
- Guidelines are that you should be between 5ft and 6ft 4in with a maximum weight of 18 stone to be safe and comfortable to drive. These may vary by venue, so please check at the time of booking.
- Must hold a current UK Driving Licence which must be presented on the day
- You should be in reasonable health and agile enough to climb into the vehicle
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to venue
- Please note: there should be no alcohol consumed either before or during the experience
- Some centres have restrictions on spectators’ access to the site, due to safety considerations and their insurance arrangements. If you are able to go on site, be prepared for lots of walking across rough terrain and wear suitable outdoor clothing. Facilities for spectators vary between centres, so if you have any queries or special requirements, check with the centre of your choice before booking. In addition some locations may be able to offer spectators to ride as passengers in the vehicle for a fee, please check when booking. At Dorchester spectators are welcome but please be aware that viewing is restricted to specific areas, and not all the course can be seen. Children must be supervised by a responsible adult at all times, however it is not really suitable for young children
- The experience content, equipment used and restrictions may vary according to location
- The centres contracted with us hold public indemnity liability insurance. We also hold contingency liability cover.
Some driving operators require customers to complete an Indemnity/Damage waiver form on the day of the experience. This may state that the driver will be liable for a fixed amount of costs should they damage the vehicle whilst driving. Most of these suppliers are able to provide Indemnity/Damage Waiver at a small additional fee (usually £20-£45) payable on site. The purchase of this is optional and is in addition to the Public Liability Insurance held by all venues. The full details of any indemnity or damage waiver will be provided by the activity operator. We are unable to advise or comment on the content or suitability of these products.
A cancellation indemnity, subject to terms, is included with every voucher
Please check the validity of your voucher as it is essential that you book and take your experience before the expiry date.
This experience is available on selected dates throughout the year.
We recommend you book at least four weeks in advance to ensure that dates are available. All bookings are subject to availability.
Please allow 4 to 7 hours for your visit with 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours driving (depending on location and number of participants on the day).
How it works
All you have to do is pay for the experience you wish to purchase and we’ll send a voucher and booking information to you or directly to the recipient, then you just need to check the info and book your experience.
Packaging and Delivery
Please see the following page for information on our packaging and delivery.
All images shown are for illustration purpose only, actual product may vary from images shown.
Add to Basket
14 locations across the UK
Please note some locations indicated on the map may not be completely accurate and should not be used when planning directions.
- South West (2)
- Avon - Bristol
- Devon - Honiton
- South East (4)
- Berkshire - Reading
- Hampshire - Romsey
- Kent - Ashford
- Kent - Canterbury
- North East (1)
- Durham - Ferryhill
- Wales (2)
- Wales - Swansea
- Wrexham - Brymbo
- Yorkshire and Humber (2)
- North Yorkshire - Skipton
- South Yorkshire - Doncaster
- East Midlands (1)
- Grantham - Lincolnshire
- West Midlands (2)
- Staffordshire - Seighford
- Warwickshire - Shipston-on-Sour